Sunday, May 29, 2005

Thanks

Well,it's been an interesting birthday. I awoke this morning to presents and cards from the children and my husband, who hurried downstairs quickly to write his card while I read my childrens loving words. Once my eyes were able to focus I went to look at my usual blogs, including Geoff Huth's and I was totally amazed at the critical overview he gave of my piece,'Poetics of Life'. To have such an esteemed person call my work "... near legendary" is probably the best compliment a poet can ask for, as we all strive for innovation and the appreciation of our peers. As a virtual novice, straight out of university, I have been suprised by the support that I have been given from established poets, including Huth,Silliman and in particular fellow scouser Alan Corkish. It has given me the confidence I needed to believe in myself and put the ideas I have for an anotomical poetry exhibition into action and pursue it relentlessly. A big thankyou to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: